I would like to thank the lovely AfroVeganChick for the Liebster Award 2013 nomination. Thank you so much for thinking of me. xx
Now to all my chosen picks, as you know, with these beautiful recognitions comes rule and here they are:
• Post 11 random facts about yourself.
• Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you
• Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
• Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
• Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated
• No tag backs.
11 Facts About Me
1. I was born in Taiwan, but raised in Pittsburgh and educated in Oregon. I studied Biochemistry and left college for good. I’m a Taiwanese-American. I’m a first generation vegan and a world traveler (except for my maternal grandparents who have traveled around the world including Africa). Majority of my blood are health professionals. I have no financial support from my parents.
2. I traveled about 2-3 times a year, usually about a week to 2-3 months in each trip. I have status with couple of airlines, which allow me to use miles to fly international in a first/business class, do a stopover, and access airline lounges.
3. I currently work as a visual and graphic designer and photographer. This is how I make my living around the world. I also have designed for a couple of vegan food businesses.
4. My favorite destination is Nadi, Fiji. We rented a truck and drove through the jungles and mountains of Fiji. It was breathtaking. We even met a villager with a machete, and brought one nice Fijian hitchhiker back to the city, apparently they both love rugby.
5. I am a fan of British shows and watch a lot of British shows and I can list the following for you: Utopia, This is England, Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes, Him & Her, Mad Dogs, and the list goes on. I can tolerate a few American shows such as Supernatural, Angel, and Episodes.
6. I met my boyfriend at the University and we have been together since Feb. 2006. He is a lacto-vegetarian but 75% vegan. He is my other twin actually.
7. Speaking of fashion, I always wear minimalistic colors. It has to be black, white, and grey, or I wear all black. I sometimes go for floral, stripes, and bright colors.
8. My favorite vegan American dish is mac and cheese or cheesecake, anything cheesy. My favorite Taiwanese dish is a sticky rice dumpling.
9. I read a lot of Scandinavian literature. You will find me reading Henning Mankell often.
10. I don’t like to eat dark chocolate on its own, it has to have texture such as nuts, coconut, dried fruit, caramel or else, otherwise I’ll shave it or melt it.
11. My favorite airlines is Air New Zealand. I love the service and the vegan airlines foods.
AfroVeganChick’s 11 Questions
1. Why did you become vegan?
I became a vegan for many personal reasons and one of the health reasons I will only share with my close mates, not here in public. I started out as a part-time vegetarian in my late teens, struggled with bulimia and depression over the death of my dog I grew up with and other issues. I became a vegan in 2006 when I met my boyfriend and it also improved my health and the private condition I am struggling with. Our relationship began and started to grow with new vegan discoveries, recipes and of course, international travel with many vegan finds.
2. What drives to wake up each morning?
Knowing that I have a fridge full of fruits and vegetables to juice for the day.
3. What is your greatest triumph?
Acing the organic chemistry lab courses.
4. Do you have any pets?
One golden retriever. Two parakeets. I used to foster cats. I would love to foster pit bulls and other stray dogs someday soon when I am settled from traveling.
5. Who is your favorite writer?
6. What is your favorite food?
For American, I love mac and cheese or cheesecake. For Taiwanese, I love sticky rice dumplings.
7. What do you believe is your signature dish?
I made a fucking yummy Japanese curry dish this year!
8. Night or day lover?
9. If you could, how would change the world?
I hope someday there will be no more kill shelters, but more safe shelters to raise, provide, and help these animals in need.
10. Where is one place in the globe would you love to visit?
South Africa. My greatest dream. My cousin currently lives there, working as a medical doctor.
11. What would you love to accomplish before you die?
There are so many I would love to accomplish. I would love to write a recipe book on vegan Taiwanese recipes, go back to school to study nutrition or maybe veterinary science, and rescue/foster more animals as much as I can.
vegan miam’s questions for you!
1. What are you having for dinner today or tonight?
2. What is your favorite Asian dish and what would you like me to veganise?
3. What is your worst and favorite travel destination?
4. Did you have pets?
5. Which is your first love: writing books, blogging, photography, or social media?
6. Do you have one post that you think is amazing? Please share!
7. Favorite dessert and junk food?
8. Top 3 places you want to travel to purely for culinary reasons?
9. What’s the one food item you refuse to eat no matter what the circumstance?
10. What’s the weirdest food you’ve experimented with?
11. What are you wearing today? (HAHA!)