Please welcome this fabulous friend of mine, Veronica from Sweden, who will be hosting a 5-day series on Vegan Miam, from Sept 25 to 29. Be sure to check out her post each day! X
Veronica Stenberg: Basil Tomato Salad with Balsamic Vinegar
This is a perfect summer salad when you can access ripe plum tomatoes. I’m an tomato addict galore and I can eat buckets of this salad. It can also be made in a smaller quantity as a side salad to a suitable Italian-style dish.
YOU WILL NEED
• 15-20 plum tomatoes
• 3 fresh garlic stems
• A pot of fresh basil – the more the merrier
• Balsamic vinegar cream – the thick and creamy version of balsamic vinegar
1. Half the tomatoes – put them in a large bowl
2. Slice the garlic stems in thin slices – mix with the tomatoes
3. Rip the basil leaves of the plant and mix with the tomatoes
4. Add some sea salt – mix
5. Decorate the top with the balsamic vinegar cream – ready to be served!
About Elegantly Vegan
Veronica is the vegan foodie, recipe developer and cookbook author behind Elegantly Vegan (available in AppStore worldwide). She gathers her inspiration from all over the world and remakes classic dishes as well as developing new interesting recipes purely made from plant-based ingredients. She blogs on Elegantly Vegan and writes for other magazines focusing on vegan lifestyle.