Please welcome this fabulous friend of mine, Veronica from Sweden, who will be hosting a 5-day series on Vegan Miam, from Sept 25 to 29. Be sure to check out her post each day! X
Veronica Stenberg: Steamed Cauliflower with Almond Chermoula and Salad
The almond chermoula and the steamed cauliflower really work well together. If you want to keep it slim, be strict with the chermoula. Though though because it is the perfect sweet, sour and hot flavour!
YOU WILL NEED FOR THE SALAD
• ½ bag of Rocket
• A handful of radishes – sliced thin
• A handful of cherry tomatoes
• ½ sliced red onion
• Cauliflower to steam in any quantity you prefer
YOU WILL NEED FOR THE CHERMOULA
• 200 grams of almonds
• Juice from 1-2 lemons (should yield 1-2 dl of lemon juice)
• Chili powder or harissa
• 1-2 garlic cloves
• 2 pots of coriander (the more the merrier)
• 1-2 dl olive oil
• salt to taste
HOW TO DO THE VEGGIES & SALAD
1. Slice and chop your vegetables for the salad.
2. Mix in a bowl.
3. Steam your cauliflower until you have reached the desired tenderness or crispiness.
HOW TO DO THE CHERMOULA
1. Roast the almonds in a pan.
2. Wait for the almost to cool down, so they have popped.
3. Bring out your food processor.
4. Add the almonds, coriander, garlic, chilli – blend.
5. Add the lemon juice, a little by little – make sure to taste along the way .
6. Add the desired amount of olive oil and salt – continue blending.
7. Continue blending until you have a creamy paste (in total it takes 10 mins of blending in a food processor).
Serve the salad, topped with steamed cauliflower topped with your chermoula and a gentle sprinkle of sea salt. A perfect light but filling meal packed with proteins.
About Veronica Stenberg
I’m Veronica a globetrotting Swedish girl. With a passion for vegan food, digital creativity, art, beauty and alternative fashion. Well, I’m passionate about quite a lot of things actually. I became a vegetarian 16 years ago and transcended into veganism 4 years ago. I love preparing food and host parties for my friends. I’m really honored and grateful that I get to share a few of my favorite rand most popular recipes with you. I hope you will enjoy my posts and please stay in touch at:
Find Veronica on Twitter.