Let’s welcome my fabulous Swedish galfriend: Veronica. She will be doing a five-day series on Vegan Miam! Tack så mycket!
YOU WILL NEED
- A sponge cake base (see recipe below)
- 2 types of jam (preferably home-made and preferably raspberry and/or blueberry jam)
- Vegan whipped cream substitute (I use Go Green Whipped Cream which is a blend of coconut and oat products)
SPONGE CAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 4 dl of flour
- 3 dl Muscovado sugar
- 3 tbs baking powder
- 2 tea spoons of vanilla sugar
- 50 grams of vegan butter
- 2,5 dl oatly cream
- 1 tbs of fresh orange or apple juice
- 0,5 tea spoon of cinnamon
- Shredded coconut for your cake mould
1. Grease the inside of your cake mould. Add some shredded coconut and stir the coconut around so it stick son the side of your greased mould.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl (no shredded coconut!)
3. Measure up your vegan butter and Muscovado sugar in a pan, gently heat it up so everything melts together and stir gently
4. Add the melted vegan butter and the sugar to the bowl with the dry ingredients, stir together
5. Add the juice, then a little by little the Oatly cream to the batter whilst stirring the batter. When you have a smooth but thick batter, stop stirring
6. Add the batter to your can mould
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 30 – 45 minutes in 200 C, watch every now and then.
8. When the cake is ready, take it out from the oven and let the cake cool off
9. Once the cake is cooled off, then slice the cake in two or three parts (depending on how lucky you where with the thickness, sometimes I can only get one layer because my cake shrinks when it cools off!)
10. Add the jam to your bottom and top layer. Cover your cake with your vegan cream substitute and decorate accordingly.
The cake on the picture is decorated with cacao powder and the filling is home made raspberry and blueberry jam. Made from berries which where picked in the area where I grew up in Sweden.
I hope you make my cake recipe and that you take a picture and share it with me
About Guest Blogger: Veronica Stenberg
Hello! Let me introduce myself! I’m Veronica, an international Swedish girl with a passion for vegan food, digital creativity, food, art, beauty and alternative fashion. Well, I’m passionate about quite a lot of things actually. During my days I work as a project manager at a digital agency. During the nights I work on private projects such as illustrations, websites, or other creative and artsy thingies. But most of my time, right now – I am focusing on one thing, and that is writing and creating an eBook about digital marketing.
I’m really honored that I get to share a few of my favourite and most popular recipes with you. I hope you will enjoy my posts and please stay in touch at: