This vegan and gluten-free dish involves this amazing extra-virgin olive oil from Crete (sorry, you will have to fly to Crete to get it): made exclusively from Winery Stilianou, that makes dry wines from the traditional Crete grapes. There is a fruity and spicy combination from this olive oil.
For the yummy lightly grilled asparagus recipe:
• 1/2 lb fresh asparagus
• 6-7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (add as much as you like, I like loads of mine)
• 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
• Salt to taste
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. Lightly oil the asparagus with olive oil and cook to desired tenderness.
3. Season with salt and loads of lemon zest.