• 2 cups corn masa (gluten-free, i.e., masa harina)
• 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups warm water
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, combine Masa, Salt and 1 1/2 cups of water. Mix in and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Begin working the masa with your hands to create the dough. Work the dough for several minutes as if you were kneading bread dough. If the dough seems too dry, add a little more warm water.
3. Take a piece of the masa dough and form it into a ball the size of a ping pong ball.
4. Take two pieces of plastic wrap and place them on the surfaces of the tortilla press. Place the masa ball in the center. Gently close the press and press down, until the dough has spread to a diameter of 6 inches.
5. At high heat, heat a griddle or large skillet. Cook the tortilla on the hot pan for a minute on each side until it is lightly toasted and/or revealing little air pockets.
6. Remove the tortillas and keep them warm in a tortilla warmer.