I was both inspired by my 3-day juice cleanse with BluePrintCleanse and their Excavation Cleanse (the most difficult cleanse level). You have probably seen my earlier post on these lovely BPA-free Bormioli Rocco Aquaria Water Jugs. They are BPA-free, made in Italy, come in 41-ounces and dishwasher-safe. Perfect for two servings of juices!
For road trips or to-go beverages, I use these bottles, 6-pack of Aquasana 18 Oz. Glass Bottles but the necks are a bit narrow to pour compared to the carafes above, but they are tolerable for to-go beverages. They are also dishwasher-safe and BPA-free like the carafes above.
My Juice Cleanse inspired by BluePrintCleanse Excavation Cleanse
Pictured above, these are the Bormioli Rocco Aquaria Water Jugs. They are BPA-free, made in Italy, come in 41-ounces and dishwasher-safe. Perfect for two servings of juices.
I am currently using Omega VRT350 and it is a great juicer so far. The only small issue is that it may produce some pulp from the kale and parsley, but I did not mind straining them in my Pyrex 1-Quart Measuring Cup where I can measure my juices (32 oz).
For my day juice cleanse, I drink four 16 oz green juices, one 16 oz cashew milk and one 16 oz fresh lemonade with cayenne pepper. I have done one, two, three, and even five-day cleanses, sometimes I would make myself a 16oz of carrot-ginger or fruit-based juice to have a variety.
My juice cleanse schedule would look like this:
8:00 am: 16-oz green juice
10:00 am: 16-oz green juice
12:00 pm: 16-oz green juice
2:00 pm: 16-oz lemonade
4:00 pm: 16-oz green juice
(you can make a carrot-ginger juice, too)
7:00 pm: 16-oz raw cashew milk or any raw nut milk
It is a bit similar to BluePrintCleanse’s Excavation Cleanse.
I am happy to share my juice cleanse recipes and I followed the recipe all the time. I always make my 1st day of juices the night before my cleanse because it is harder to do all of them in the morning.
- 4 large cucumbers
- 1 kale head
- 1 green collards or spinach bundle
- 2 big lemons (or 4 small lemons)
- 4 medium apples (keep skin on for organic)
- 1/2 parsley bunch
- 8 celery ribs
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- optional: add 1" piece of ginger or fennel head
- Prep and clean all of the ingredients.
- Juice all the ingredients using a juicer.
- Add 1/2 cup water to filter your juicer.
- If you see pulp, use a strainer prior pouring in jar or carafe.
- 2 big lemons (or 3 small lemons, makes up to 1/2 cup)
- 32 oz filtered water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw agave
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more for heat)
- Squeeze lemons using a juicer or citrus squeezer. I used squeezer.
- Fill the jug with 32 oz filtered water.
- Add the lemon juice, raw agave and cayenne.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 cups filtered water
- 3 tablespoons raw agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or 4-inch piece of vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- Soak cashews in water overnight or at least 8-10 hours until soft.
- Blend half of the cashews and water in a blender. Then add the rest of the cashews until blended nearly smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend again.
- If you prefer a smooth cashew milk, strain it through cheesecloth. I prefer mine with some cashew leftover chunks like BluePrintCleanse's cashew milk. This will cover 2-day cleanses, 16-oz each.
- 6 large carrots
- 12 clementines (peeled)
- 3 celery ribs
- 2 inches ginger root (peeled)
- 1/2 cup filtered cold water
- Peel all clementines, prep and chop all carrots and celery.
- Juice all ingredients.
- Add 1/2 cup filtered cold water in the end to filter the juicer.