I’m a huge fan of Victoria Vegan sauces, especially the Panko-Crusted Rigatoni Casserole with Victoria Vegan Vodka Sauce + Basil, which was pretty tasty. All Victoria Vegan sauces are certified vegan, Non-GMO Project verified and gluten-free. For this dish, we made vegan Orecchiette + Italian Veggie Marinara with sautéed eggplant, crimini mushrooms and finely minced fresh Italian parsley. The chunky Italian Veggie Marinara is from Victoria Vegan and comes in 25-oz. jar.
- 8-oz. orecchiette (we love this product: Montebello Organic Orecchiette)
- 25-oz. Victoria Vegan Italian Veggie Marinara
- 6-8 crimini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley leaves, rinsed, patted dry, and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut the eggplant into 1/2-inch cubes. Sprinkle the eggplant cubes with salt and let them sit in a colander at the sink for an hour (the liquid will come out). Rinse the eggplant cubes to remove the salt then firmly squeeze a few pieces at a time so the moisture will come out. Pat the eggplant cubes dry with paper towels and set them aside.
- Cook orecchiette in boiling salted water until al dente (tender but firm to the bite) according to the packaging instructions. Drain the orecchiette, place in a large bowl and toss with a little olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Rinse the parsley, pat it with paper towel, make sure it's dry, take out leaves, finely mince them. This will be your garnish.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the eggplant cubes until they are rich brown color for about 1-2 minutes, then the crimini mushrooms. Saute for about 1-2 minutes. Put them aside. This will be the topping for the pasta or as a side dish.
- In a large pot, heat the Victoria Vegan Italian Veggie Marinara for about 5 minutes or until it is warm and ready to eat. Add the orecchiette and cook into the sauce for about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with garnished minced parsley and the eggplant/crimini mushrooms mixture.
victoria vegan italian veggie marinara
Victoria Vegan pasta sauces are certified vegan, Non-GMO Project verified and gluten-free.
where to buy
Victoria Fine Foods’ vegan sauces are available mostly in smaller natural stores and at their e-store victoriafinefoods.com.
As of January 2013, there are currently ten vegan sauces made by Victoria Fine Foods. The Italian Veggie Marinara comes in 25-oz. jar.
Imported italian tomatoes, roasted red peppers (peppers, water, citric acid), artichokes, (artichokes, water, citric acid), fresh onions, fresh summer squash, fresh garlic, olive oil, sea salt, capers, fresh basil, spices.
This creamy Victoria Vegan’s Italian Veggie Marinara is a savory and tasty Italian chunky tomato marinara with fresh summer squash, tomatoes and fresh basil. The Italian Veggie Marinara has total 75 calories per serving and 3 grams of fat. The sauce works well over pasta, I imagine it would be a tasty sauce for pizza. What a beautiful vegan Italian marinara sauce!
For other dishes using other Victoria Vegan sauces
• Vegan Puff Pastry Pizza with Chanterelle Mushrooms, Roasted Heirloom Tomatoes + Victoria Vegan Artichoke Alfredo
• Vegan Steak with Garlic Bread + Victoria Vegan Chianti Wine Marinara
• Carrot Gnocchi with Roasted Pepper Alfredo Sauce
• Panko-Crusted Rigatoni Casserole with Victoria Vegan Vodka Sauce + Basil
• Shells with French Green Beans & Victoria Vegan Arugula Pesto Alfredo
• Fusilli with Victoria Vegan White Bean Marinara and Crushed Red Peppers
• Victoria Vegan Alfredo and Veggies Pizza
• Victoria Vegan Alfredo and Asparagus Pizza
• Vegan Alfredo Sauce with Noodles and Smoked Veggie Frankfurters
This item(s) was kindly sent to me to review by Victoria Fine Foods. All products that are mentioned and reviewed here on my vegan blog are of my own personal opinions and I am not being compensated to review them, only just to share my thoughts. If I receive a product complimentary of the company, it will be stated so in the post, otherwise, all products are purchased myself for my own personal use.