The dish, Baked Panko-Crusted Rigatoni with Vegan Vodka & Basil involves 25 oz. Victoria Vegan’s Vegan Vodka Sauce, Parmela vegan parmesan, chopped fresh basil, panko breadcrumbs and 10 oz. rigatoni pasta.
You can use gluten-free Bionaturae Rigatoni Gluten Free Pasta to make it an exclusively gluten-free dish. Victoria Vegan pasta sauces are certified vegan, Non-GMO Project verified and gluten-free.
- Preheat an oven to 350ºF.
- Cook 10 oz. rigatoni pasta in boiling salted water until al dente (tender but firm to the bite) according to the packaging instructions.
- Drain the rigatoni, place in a large bowl and toss with a little olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Wash the basil leaves, pat it with paper towel, make sure it's dry, take out leaves, chop into long rectangular strips. Put it aside.
- Oil the bottom of a casserole dish, approximately 9” X 11".
- Add a layer of vegan vodka sauce and cooked pasta, then add the remaining sauce and pasta in another layer.
- Bake until the sauce is bubbly, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let stand for about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the vegan Parmesan and panko breadcrumbs together.
- Top the parmesan-panko mixture and spray with olive oil.
- Bake for another 12-15 minutes until the top looks golden brown and crusty.
- Remove from the oven, let stand for about 5 minutes, garnish with basil strips and serve.
where to buy
Victoria Fine Foods’ vegan sauces are available mostly in smaller natural stores and at their e-store victoriafinefoods.com. All of their vegan sauces are certified vegan, Non-GMO Project verified and gluten-free. Ingredients are all natural. As of January 2013, there are currently ten vegan sauces made by Victoria Fine Foods.
Imported italian tomatoes, soy protein (water, soybeans, isolated soy protein, magnesium chloride, calcium chloride), olive oil, fresh onions, fresh garlic, fresh basil, pure raw cane sugar, sea salt, vodka, corn starch and spices.
All of their vegan sauces are certified vegan, Non-GMO Project verified and gluten-free. Ingredients are all natural.
With Victoria Vegan’s Vegan Vodka sauce and Parmela vegan parmesan, the dish turned out fantastic with a lot of flavors and it was one of our favorite entrées of the year. It’s simple, yet delicious. Victoria Vegan provides a very creamy, rich,and smooth vodka sauce containing also Italian tomatoes and pure olive oil. You could smell the creamy vodka sauce right away from the oven immediately. It’s what vodka sauces should be, perfectly creamy, cheesy and full of tomato flavor. Plus it’s vegan and dreamy!
For other dishes using other Victoria Vegan sauces, view more:
• Shells with French Green Beans & Victoria Vegan Arugula Pesto Alfredo
• Fusilli with Victoria Vegan White Bean Marinara and Crushed Red Peppers
• Victoria Vegan Alfredo and Veggies Pizza
• Victoria Vegan Alfredo and Asparagus Pizza
• Vegan Alfredo Sauce with Noodles and Smoked Veggie Frankfurters
This item(s) was kindly sent to me to review by Victoria Fine Foods. All products that are mentioned and reviewed here on my vegan blog are of my own personal opinions and I am not being compensated to review them, only just to share my thoughts. If I receive a product complimentary of the company, it will be stated so in the post, otherwise, all products are purchased myself for my own personal use.