In late April, I tried a rosemary lemonade for the first time at the Jaleo Las Vegas, a Spanish restaurant within The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas with the sister restaurant China Poblan. Jaleo and China Poblan are currently my favorite vegan-friendly restaurants in Las Vegas. It was a pretty interesting herbal beverage.
I came across this recipe from A Beautiful Mess and the rosemary lemonade recipe is very simple and easy to follow. They taste almost similar to what I had at Jaleo Las Vegas, but a bit tart. I added more sprigs and doubled the sugar for the right flavor and sweetness.
Pictured above, these are the Bormioli Rocco Aquaria Water Jugs. They are BPA-free, made in Italy, come in 41-ounces and dishwasher-safe. Perfect for two servings of juices. The lids come in different colors, which are perfect to identify your juices. The only addition I would like them to have is easy labeling.
Bormioli Rocco Aquaria Water Jugs
- 4-6 medium lemons (makes about 1 cup)
- lemon slices, for garnish
- 4 sprigs of rosemary (plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup vegan sugar
- 6 cups water
- In a small pot, combine 2 cups water with sugar. Cook over medium heat and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, turn off the heat and throw in 4 sprigs of rosemary. Allow that it sit for at least two hours for the flavor. Discard the rosemary sprigs.
- Extract the juice from 5 lemons (I used a citrus juicer) and aim for 1 cup of lemon juice.
- In a pitcher, combine the lemon juice, sweetened water, and the remaining cold water (4 cups). Stir together.
- Serve over ice, garnished with a few lemon slices and rosemary springs.
- To make ginger lemonade: use 4" ginger chunk as a substitution for rosemary. Allow that it sit for at least two hours for the flavor.