Waffles are a comfort food that can be enjoyed any time of day, however it doesn’t hurt to try something new such as chai-flavoured waffles.
This Vegan Chai & Blueberry & Raspberry Waffles recipe is partially adapted from veganyumyum. We used coconut oil, unsweetened Bhakti Chai and So Delicious Dairy Free Raspberry Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt in the waffle batter.
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
3 Tbs Sugar
1 Container So Delicious Dairy Free Raspberry Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt
3/4 Cup sweetened Coconut Milk
1/3 Cup and 4 tablespoons unsweetened Bhakti Chai
5 Tbs Water
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil (liquid)
Spray Oil for the waffle iron
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together well with a whisk. In another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together. Combine wet and dry. Leave in the fridge for a few hours.
2. Grab a measurement cup, pour batter at 1/2 cup and gently fold in fresh blueberries, then pour into waffle.
3. Spray both surfaces of your waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour batter onto the bottom surface and close the lid.
4. Cook until the waffle iron’s indicator light shows that cooking is complete, or until no more steam comes out. The finished waffle should be golden brown and crispy.
4. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 for as many waffles you wish to make. There is no need to respray your waffle iron after your initial batch.
This item(s) was kindly sent to me to review by So Delicious Dairy Free and Bhakti Chai. All products that are mentioned and reviewed here on my vegan blog are of my own personal opinions and I am not being compensated to review them, only just to share my thoughts. Any products mentioned here should be used at your own discretion and with caution. I only review cruelty-free and vegan products. I will not review any products that I don’t love. If I receive a product complimentary of the company, it will be stated so in the post, otherwise, all products are purchased myself for my own personal use.