INGREDIENTS for PIZZA DOUGH
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 tablespoon Madhava Organic Light Agave Nectar
1 1/2 ounces Fleischmann’s Yeast (Active Dry)
3/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup your choice of beer (we use Colorado-based beer)
PREPARATION for PIZZA DOUGH
1. Stir your choice of beer, yeast and warm water in a large bowl until dissolved.
2. Add agave nectar, sea salt and olive oil. Slowly add 1 cup of flour at a time.
3. Spread some flour on the board, knead the dough for a few minutes.
4. Spray oil in the large bowl, and place the dough by covering with a towel.
5. Let rise in a warm place for an hour. If it’s not warm enough, put it in the oven as low as 100 degrees
PREPARATION for BAKED POTATO SLICES
6. You will need a mandoline slicer to slice these potatoes paper thin (be careful not to slice your finger). These potato rounds have to be very thin. We used 2-3 medium Yukon potatoes for that pizza (a waxier and less starchy potato) or you can use red potatoes (they are kind of waxy).
7. In a large bowl, dress the potato slices with olive oil, rosemary and a handful of sea salt and pepper. You can also try to oil them, then sprinkle salt, pepper and rosemary over the top once on the pan if you want more distribution.
8. Place potato slices (separate from each other) on baking non-stick silicone mat such as SILPAT®. You will need 2-3 of the mats to bake all of them.
9. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees F. Make sure they don’t burn quickly, keep an eye out.
THE FINAL CONCLUSION
10. Make your pizza dough in a beautiful round piece. Flatten it up whatever thickness you like. We like our pizzas thin and crunchy.
11. Drizzle with tomato sauce. Add vegan cheese (optional).
12. Stack the baked potato slices on the pizza dough. Drizzle with extra virgin-oil or your favourite olive oil. (We added more olive oil for extra crispiness).
13. Bake the whole pizza at 500 degrees F. Keep an eye out. For the crusty type, do at least 15 minutes. Make sure they look a bit burnt out (hehe) like chips on the pizza!