Have you tried the product, Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage sausage links yet? So far, these are tasty and full of flavors. I’m not a huge fan of sweet sausages so to fix that, we made some mouthwatering, crispy pizzas with Jalapeno Garlic Havarti Style Wedge and a medley of veggies (chopped green bell peppers and mushrooms). The Smoked Apple Sage sausage links works well with spicy and savory dishes. You can use other Field Roast sausage flavors: Italian or Mexican Chipotle instead of the Smoked Apple Sage. We used what we had in the fridge.
You can use any toppings for this vegan pizza recipe below such as mushrooms, jalapeños, different tomatoes, red onion or sautéed onions, or any bell peppers. We personally like the green bell peppers for the crunchy texture. Next time, I will try to make a gluten-free pizza crust that involves cornmeal.
- Stir your choice of beer, yeast and warm water in a large bowl until dissolved. Add agave, sea salt and olive oil. Slowly add 1 cup of flour at a time. Spread some flour on the board, knead the dough for a few minutes. Spray oil in the large bowl, and place the dough by covering with a towel. Let rise in a warm place for an hour. If it’s not warm enough, put it in the oven as low as 100 degrees F.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat up to 475 degrees F. Allow at least 30 minutes for the stone to heat before baking the pizza. Make your pizza dough in whatever shape. Add a bit of flour on the counter to avoid the pizza dough sticking to it. Flatten it up whatever thickness you like. This dough makes up to 4 medium pizzas.
- Transfer one crust to a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel (wooden paddle). Make sure the dough slides easily on the peel; add more cornmeal if necessary. Poke holes on the crust so the dough will breathe.
- Quickly spread tomato sauce up to the edges and top modestly with vegan cheese slices.
- Toss veggies onto the pizza crust. Let the pizza slide onto the stone from the peeler.
- Bake the whole pizza at 475 degrees F for 10 minutes until crust is golden brown. For the crusty type, do at least 15-20 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven halfway during baking and top with vegan sausages. Put the pizza back into the oven to finish baking (you don't want to overcook the sausages).