Summer is already over here in the lush Willamette Valley of Oregon, but it is never too late to create a summer dish with simple and fresh ingredients.
This dish involves an amazing raw tomato sauce, plus you will need a very good olive oil. I would highly recommend this amazing extra-virgin olive oil from Crete. It’s made exclusively from Winery Stilianou, that makes dry wines from the traditional Crete grapes. There is a fruity and spicy combination in the olive oil which is delicious!
For the yummy lightly grilled asparagus recipe:
• 1/2 lb fresh asparagus
• 6-7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (add as much as you like, I like loads of mine)
• 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
• Salt to taste
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. Lightly oil the asparagus with olive oil and cook to desired tenderness.
3. Season with salt and loads of lemon zest.
Vegan Spaghetti al Pomodoro Crudo
2 pounds fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, parsley, basil, and salt. Add the olive oil. Serve it with your favorite pasta or raw ‘zucchini’ noodles.