Winter is already here…or if you are like me and never miss a chance to use a Game of Thrones line, Winter is Coming! The dryness associated with the cold, biting wind of winter can wreak havoc on your skin, so the timing of this sample sent from the founder at Ellovi was perfect for me. Ellovi Body Butter is a vegan, all-purpose moisturizer hand-crafted using just six ingredients and free from preservatives, parabens, harsh chemicals, water or additives. This cruelty-free product is crafted using macadamia nut butter, coconut oil, hemp seed butter, marula oil (extracted from the seed kernels of the Marula tree,), shea butter, and organic corn starch (non-GMO). The ingredients sound too good enough to consume, almost sound like a spread on a vegan cinnamon toast.
We believe you should feed your skin the most pure and nutritional ingredients on the planet. That’s why we created Butter. -Ellovi
Made in California, Ellovi was born to disrupt a beauty industry ruled by products laden with artificial ingredients and cheap fillers. Founder Kelly Winterhalter and Co-Founder Ryan Pamplin are passionate about crafting pure and nutritional skincare products from plants. They believe that what you put on your skin goes more than skin deep. Which is they are committed to keeping their products free of anything that doesn’t come straight from nature. They created Butter because other body butters and moisturizers are full of unnecessary chemicals, parabens, and preservatives created in science labs. Your skin is like one giant sponge, so you’ve got to protect it from soaking in the bad stuff. Read more about Ellovi here.
Comes in a 3.5 fl. oz. (104 mL) eco-friendly, reusable glass jar, retails for $26 on ellovi.com.
Macadamia nut butter, coconut oil, hemp seed butter, marula oil (extracted from the seed kernels of the Marula tree,), shea butter, and organic corn starch (non-GMO). They have one-year shelf life. 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free.
where to buy
Ellovi Body Butter (and their new product, Lip Butter) are available at:
• Pure Citizen
• Vegan Cuts
• The Food Mill in Oakland
• Artisan House in L.A
• Whole Foods- Potrero Hill, SF
Get 20% off at www.ellovi.com using the discount code: veganmiam. Lip Butter is FREE with the purchase of Ellovi Butter through 12/31/13.
Based on my experience with the Ellovi Body Butter, here is a brief summary of my pros and cons. First off, the pros.
• They come in eco-friendly, wildly harvested, reusable glass jars with elegantly gorgeous black lids.
• Just six pure ingredients! It doesn’t contain animal products, preservatives, parabens, harsh chemicals, water or additives and also it’s cruelty-free.
• The creamy light ivory-colored ‘butter’ melts into sensitive skin without a greasy or harsh finish. The natural aroma of the product is mildly sweet and nutty with a slight coconut scent, plus it’s fragrance-free and perfect for someone doesn’t like scents and/or allergic to fragrance.
• It works great as a body moisturizer, makeup remover and/or even a quick makeup primer.
• The lid closes securely but could provide a slightly better seal. If you twist the lid too far, it will come back off again.
• While I appreciate the fragrance-free scent, I would also love if they also offer a natural floral scent option. My favorite scent is Lemon Verbena.
• While I love this product for my hands, feet and body, I likely won’t use it on my face because it is a bit too rich for my combination skin (dry cheeks/nose and oily T-zone).
the giveaway (Sponsored by Ellovi)
Ellovi is sponsoring a giveaway so that one lucky vegan miam reader (US entries only) can take home a full-sized jar of Ellovi Body Butter.
The giveaway is open to U.S. Residents. One winner will be chosen by random from Rafflecopter by Monday, December 30th, 2013 at 12:00 am PST. Use the Rafflecopter widget in the end of the post to enter the giveaway.
contest + details
• Giveaway ends at at 12:00 am PST on Monday, December 30th, 2013.
• Contest is open to U.S. Residents (sorry, International readers xx)
• The winner will be drawn randomly by using a Rafflecopter (www.rafflecopter.com).
• One winner will receive a a 3.5 fl. oz. (104 mL) jar of Ellovi Body Butter.
• Winner will be contacted by e-mail and social media and must respond within 24 hours or prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn.
• Prize will be shipped directly to the winner by Ellovi.
• This is a sponsored post.
• Ellovi is not responsible for packages lost or damaged in transit.
Have you ever used natural body butter before? What is your favorite scent?
This post contains affiliate links. This item(s) was kindly sent to me to review. All reviews are my own personal opinions, I have not been compensated to provide any feedback positive or otherwise. If I receive a product complimentary of the company, it will be stated so in the post, otherwise, all products are purchased myself for my own personal use.