The gluten free brownie recipe is somewhat adapted from Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Brownie Mix. The recipe also involves Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer and Zibble Inc’s amazing gluten-free vanilla and chocolate frostings. It is always fascinating to see if Bob’s Red Mill recipes work correctly, however veganizing their recipes wasn’t an issue. For instance, we made gluten-free cornbread from Bob’s Red Mill and the gluten free cornbread tasted fantastic.
Bob’s Red Mill Vegetarian Egg Replacer is suitable for vegans and vegetarians. This product contains whole soy flour, wheat gluten, corn syrup solids, and algin (from algae). For each whole egg, mix 1 Tablespoon Bob’s Red Mill Vegetarian Egg Replacer with 3 Tablespoons water.
Here are ingredients for Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Brownie Mix below:
Evaporated Cane Juice, Ghirardelli cocoa, potato starch, sorghum flour, tapioca flour, corn flour, sea salt, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), and xanthan gum.
• 1 Package Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Brownie Mix
• 1 Bob’s Red Mill Vegetarian Egg Replacer (Mix 1 Tablespoon with 3 Tablespoons water)
• 3/4 cup melted soy-free butter
• 3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
• 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a pan with cooking spray.
2. Place Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Brownie Mix in a large mixing bowl. Add egg replacer, soy-free butter, gluten-free vanilla and water with electric mixer on medium speed until just combined.
3. Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes (a bit longer than instructed at 20-25 minutes). Insert a toothpick in the center to see if it’s ready.
4. Cool thoroughly at room temperature for at least 3 hours. Cut and serve.
This quick and ready-to-make gluten free brownie turned out fantastic.
This item(s) was kindly sent to me to review by Bob’s Red Mill. All products that are mentioned and reviewed here on my vegan blog are of my own personal opinions and I am not being compensated to review them, only just to share my thoughts. Any products mentioned here should be used at your own discretion and with caution. I only review cruelty-free and vegan products. I will not review any products that I don’t love. If I receive a product complimentary of the company, it will be stated so in the post, otherwise, all products are purchased myself for my own personal use.