This recipe is adapted from Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Cornbread Mix package. Doni wanted to make a vegan, gluten-free cornbread from the mix and these turned out delicious. They are pretty tasty with agave or maple syrup.
Stone ground, whole grain cornmeal and sorghum impart an unmatched flavor and texture from another era. After easy preparation, you will bake perfectly moist and light cornbread. Specially designed for those sensitive to wheat or gluten, this mix contains: whole grain cornmeal, potato starch, whole grain sorghum flour, evaporated cane juice, whole grain corn flour, tapioca flour, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, cornstarch, monocalcium phosphate), sea salt, xanthan gum.
1. Have all ingredients at room temperature. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease nonstick pan.
2. Place Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Cornbread Mix ingredients in a large mixer bowl.
3. Add coconut milk, egg replacer and vegetable oil. Mix on low speed with electric mixer until blended.
4. Beat another 30 seconds with mixer on high.
5. Pour into baking pan.
6. Bake 20 minutes or until nicely golden brown. Serve with agave or maple syrup and vegan butter.