Terra Dolce is a Florida-based company owned and managed by husband and wife team. Partnered with farms, orchards and distilleries, Terra Dolce brings authentic ingredients and genuine love of nature to an age old tradition. The Floridian is slowly becoming a staple in spas throughout Florida and is the only body care product certified “Fresh from Florida” by the Florida department of Agriculture, featuring authentic Florida-grown sugar, distilled oils & fruit extracts. In addition, their vegan, gluten-free & cruelty-free products are handmade, nurtured by nature and cultivated by artisanal methods.
Terra Dolce provides a full line of body scrubs, lotions, and soaps, in addition to other spa treatment products.
The Floridan body scrub comes in a 10 oz. (295 mL) tub, retails for $27. They also carry a Floridan body lotion (retails for $24) or as a set (lotion + scrub $47).
Florida cane sugar (sucrose), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, polysorbate 20, pure blend of Floridan essential oils, certified organic butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, certified organic orange peel, certified organic tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E).
100% Vegan, Gluten-Free and certified Cruelty-Free by PETA.
where to buy
Terra Dolce Floridan Body Scrub is available in select spa locations at the Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, Marriott and Biltmore Spa in Florida.
Based on my experience with the Terra Dolce Floridan Body Scrub, here is a brief summary of my pros and cons. First off, the pros.
• Made with just pure Florida-grown sugar, natural oils, extracts and essential blends from Florida. It doesn’t contain animal products, preservatives, parabens, harsh chemicals, and also it’s certified cruelty-free by PETA.
• Less abrasive and gentle to skin, they leave my elbows, knees and feet smoother and softer after rinsing. Great for pre-shave or exfoliating entire body.
• Used the scrub on damp skin in hot showers: the sugar body scrub dissolves into sensitive skin quickly without a greasy or harsh finish. I’m just glad it doesn’t feel greasy afterward. This scent is AMAZING and I smelled yummy during hot showers. I feel like I am trotting through the beach in Florida when I use this. It has a sweet, refreshing scent of oranges and very summer-like and most certainly ‘Floridan.’
• If you live in a humid or hot area, keep it away from bugs and ants by placing it in a bag or sealed container. The body scrub attracted ants during the summer.
• After rinsing off the scrub , only a faint scent remained on my skin. This could be perceived as either a positive or a negative depending on where you stand on fragrance, but most importantly Terra Dolce Floridan Body Scrub left my skin feeling soft.
giveaway (Sponsored by Terra Dolce)
Terra Dolce is sponsoring a giveaway so that one lucky vegan miam reader (US entries only) can take home a full-sized jar of Terra Dolce Floridan Body Scrub.
The giveaway is open to U.S. Residents. One winner will be chosen by random from Rafflecopter by Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 12:00 am PST. Use the Rafflecopter in the end of the post to enter the giveaway.
contest + details
• This is a sponsored post.
• Giveaway ends at Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 12:00 am PST.
• Contest is open to U.S. Residents (sorry, International readers xx)
• The winner will be drawn randomly by using a Rafflecopter (www.rafflecopter.com).
• One winner will receive a full-sized tub of Terra Dolce Floridan Body Scrub.
• Winner will be contacted by e-mail and social media and must respond within 24 hours or prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn.
• Prize will be shipped directly to the winner by Terra Dolce.
• Terra Dolce is not responsible for packages lost or damaged in transit.
What is your favorite citrus scent? Have you tried or used the sugar body scrub before?