While in Portland, you cannot miss out these vegan eats and of course those VooDoo Doughnuts (get the yeast-raised vegan ones, they are tasty). For the past couple of months, I received many inquiries about Portland’s vegan eats and I was happy that they contacted me, but I knew I had to blog about this soon.
All city photographs are taken by my partner Doni.
I created a quick guide on my favorite vegan eats in Portland. I visit Portland about twice a year, so information & menu may vary over time. Always contact the restaurants in advance when you inquire about vegan options.
favorite vegan eats
Be sure to check out my vegan eats in Portland on my blog as well. Most restaurants I’ve listed below have exclusive vegan options, except for the two that are 100% vegan (Blossoming Lotus & Homegrown Smoker Food Cart). Restaurants in Portland are very vegan-friendly.
1. Departure Restaurant + Lounge, Downtown Portland (view vegan menu) The restaurant is located on the top floor of the Nines Hotel. Modern Asian Cuisine, ask for the vegan menu.
2. Andina Restaurant, Pearl District (view vegetarian menu and let them know that you are vegan, they are very good about it.) They make amazing vegan Peruvian cuisine. You will need to make a reservation to save your spot and that you are a vegan. It gets busy on most evenings especially weekend lunches.
View my review: Vegan at Andina Restaurant
3. Bamboo Sushi, Portland (website) There are several locations right now (as of 2017). They have a very interesting selection of vegan sushi, you can view my review here. For dessert, they have a Vegan Coconut Panna Cotta.
View my review: Portland: Bamboo Sushi
4. Higgins Restaurant & Bar, SW Portland, Downtown This is your local, classic restaurant in Portland with amazing vegan options. The menu items are subject to change daily. The staff at Higgins Restaurant & Bar are very aware of our vegan dietary needs.
View my review: Portland: Higgins Restaurant & Bar
5. Masu Sushi, Downtown Portland (View menu) They make the best mojitos and vegan sushi selections. You must try their signature vegan sushi, the Green Machine Maki (marinated ota tofu tempura, asparagus and red pepper topped with avocado, micro greens and shiitake glaze). Please note on weekends, they open at 4pm.
6. Blossoming Lotus, NE Portland (View menu) Blossoming Lotus serves organic, freshly made, world vegan fusion cuisine with delicious cooked and live food options. It is a 100% vegan restaurant.
View my review: Portland: Blossoming Lotus
7. Homegrown Smoker Food Cart, North Portland, Mississippi Marketplace You’ve got to try their Loafaroni, a Smoked Meatloaf on a grilled bun with Mac-NoCheese, BBQ & NoCheese Sauces.
View my review: Portland: Homegrown Smoker
other vegan eats to try:
There are some that I have been to, but haven’t posted about them yet.
• Dove Vivi (view website)
• Sweet Lemon Vegan Bistro (view website), 100% VEGAN
• Los Gorditos (view website | view my review)
• Natural Selection (view website)
• Pok Pok PDX (View website)
• Veggie Grill (view website | view review), 100% VEGAN, it is a Los Angeles–based chain with many locations.
I guess for the next upcoming post I will share my favorite vegan bakeries and sweets in Portland, so stay tuned. While in Portland, get your local vegan donuts at VooDoo Doughnuts and some of their yummy coconut cream pie at Back to Eden Bakery Boutique, and do not forget to drop by the Food Fight! Grocery in SE Portland to pick up some unique local vegan goodies.