Voodoo Doughnut has three locations: SW Portland, NE Portland and lastly downtown Eugene. I have been to all of them. My favourite location was NE Portland because there is more availability in vegan options and less busier. My least favourite location was the downtown Eugene, where there wasn’t many vegan options as the Portland locations. The SW Portland location represents the capital of all Voodoo Doughnut whereas tourists would come and go.
- Website: www.voodoodoughnut.com | FB: facebook.com/voodoodoughnuttres | Twitter: twitter.com/voodoodoughnut
- Menu: You can view their doughnuts list here.
- Address: 20 East Broadway @ Willamette ave Eugene Oregon 97401.
- Hours: Open 24 hours 7 days a week
- Vegan Notes: It is not 100% vegan. “Tres” does not provide vegan options available daily.
Vegan Doughnuts List:
• Fruit cakes (mostly banana but sometimes applesauce or pumpkin) topped with either maple frosting, chocolate frosting, toasted coconut, flake coconut, peanuts, Oreo’s, Chico stick, powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar or sprinkles.
• Chocolate cakes, Diablos Rex, Neapolitan, chocolate frosting, Triple chocolate penetration.
• Raised yeast doughnuts the same as regular.
Vegan Raised yeast doughnut filled with vegan cream with chocolate on the top and two eyeballs!
When it comes to vegan doughnuts, I always choose the raised yeast doughnut because it tastes a bit lighter and airy than the dense doughnuts. Trust me, you will prefer these over dense doughnuts. I could taste the vegan caramel-like frosting all over, and the amazing vegan “pudding” that bursts out of the doughnut completely. This is probably a one-time dessert I would devour only once a year.
Vegan Apple Fritter
This is Doni’s favourite doughnut from Voodoo Doughnut. It is a vegan fried dough with apple chunks and cinnamon sugar covered in a yummy glaze. I would recommend it sharing with someone, it is far too big to finish it up! It is definitely an ideal breakfast meal!
To view other vegan eats in Portland & Oregon, go here.