This is my first time to visit Sweetpea Baking Co. after my stopover at Food Fight Grocery in SE Portland.
- Website: www.sweetpeabaking.com | Facebook: facebook.com/Sweetpea-Baking-Company | Twitter: @Sweetpeabaking
- For Bakery Selections, view further here.
- Address: This is just next to Food Fight Grocery. 1205 SE Stark Street Portland, Oregon 97214.
- Hours: Mon – Sat: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm and Sun: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Vegan Notes: It is 100% Vegan, but it isn’t a 100% gluten-free bakery. They can often accommodate specific allergen-free requests, please call in advance.
Vegan Raspberry Lemon Cupcake
It is a lemon flavoured cupcake covered with housemade raspberry buttercream. The pink frosting looks so bright and fun for me. I could taste both the sweetness and tartness from the buttercream, but I did not think the load of buttercream is necessary. I am not a fan of vegan buttercream. It tends to be heavy for me. But I do like the cupcake and raspberry minus the buttercream, it’s very good. A half cupcake was enough for me.
Vegan Oatmeal Spice Cake Slice
This cake cannot be made nut-free according to their website. It is a spice cake made with quick oats, iced with vanilla buttercream, and topped with our almond coconut filling. Again, I cannot finish the slice due to the overly sweet vanilla buttercream. I only finished 1/4 of it. But I loved the spice cake with the almond coconut filling without the buttercream itself.
I am not sure why I ordered items with loads of frosting during a humid day in July, I bet Sweetpea Baking Co. carries amazing and yummy cookies. I hope to try their other desserts, not just desserts with heaps of frosting (hehe).
To view other vegan eats in Portland & Oregon, go here.